Wedding Ceremony Script
How to Customize Your Wedding Ceremony Script
There are many ways to make your wedding ceremony script your own. This process doesn’t have to take several hours as long as you keep to these main details:
1. Will you be writing your own vows?
2. What style do you want your ceremony? Traditional, modern, or secular/non-religious?
3. Do you have a favorite passage, poem or reading that you want incorporated? How about a quote that is special to you as a couple? Short stories can make ceremonies more personal and intimate.
4. Do you want to add in a symbolic ceremony, like a sand or unity candle ceremony? Maybe a hand blessing?
5. Will you be having family or friends do a reading? Be sure to ask these participants if they are comfortable reading in front of an audience.
These questions can be answered pretty quickly. Once you have these answers, the rest of your ceremony can fall into place. Working with an officiant on making your ceremony your own, and not a cookie cutter ceremony script like everyone else, will be more memorable for you and your fiance.
Questions regarding how we work with our couples in making their own ceremony script? Contact us here or call us at 812-962-3841.
-Reverend Thomas and Leah Dugan